Angel cottage is a spacious stone barn conversion in a quiet valley near to the attractive market town of Helmsley and within an hour’s drive of the ancient city of York. It has something for everyone – including wheelchair users as the accommodation is on one level apart from the play loft. The floors are stone or wood with rugs which can be removed if necessary.
The back garden of the cottage is reached via a stone-flagged path from the front door, which leads also to a seating area – the views from here are truly magnificent. Look at our gallery for a sneak preview(more photos on our website).
As the cottage is stone it’s very snug in the Winter, and we provide soft blankets to keep out the chill. All bed linen, towels and fuel are included in the price.
- 2 bedrooms sleeping 5 people:
- Bedroom 1: double bed + single Adjustamatic (electric) bed
- Bedroom 2: two single beds
- Gas oven and hob
- Microwave oven
- Washing machine
- Fridge freezer
- DVD and video player
- Mini Hi-Fi system
- FREE Wi-Fi
- Wheel-in shower room with moveable shower chair provided
- Raised toilet on plinth, with retractable arms on either side
- Wide doorways
- York stone and pine wood flooring throughout. There are rugs too but we can remove them if necessary!
- Gas central heating
- Open gas fire in living room
- Travel cot and high chair available
- For the children (and maybe the grown ups) – a play loft accessed via a ladder and secret trapdoor!
- Garage containing BBQ, garden chairs and tumble dryer
- Well-behaved pets are welcome
- Strictly non-smoking