Furnished to a very high standard this Five Star self catering holiday cottage offers superior accommodation for visitors to the Wirral. The cottage is suitable for up to six guests in three spacious bedrooms, two double rooms and one twin room, all with their own en-suite facilities.
The cottage is available for both business and holiday lets and can be booked for weekend breaks, mid week breaks, weekly and for longer lets. Instead of booking into a Bed and Breakfast, Country Guest House or Hotel, our luxury holiday cottage in West Kirby, Wirral offers a home away from home in a peaceful location.
The cottage has underfloor heating plus a log fire in the lounge for those cozy stay at home evenings on a winter’s night. Herons Well has a private enclosed garden and patio furniture and there is ample off road parking. Wireless internet is available and card payments can be processed.
Frankby, Royden Park, Hilbre Island, Liverpool, Chester and Birkenhead are all close by as are a wealth of leisure activities. For golfing enthusiast the Wirral boasts 15 golf clubs, and The Royal Liverpool Golf Club Hoylake is a short drive from here. Hoylake was the venue of The Open Golf Championship in 2006, and this prestigious event will be returning to The Royal Liverpool Golf Club Hoylake in 2014, The Royal Liverpool Golf Club Hoylake will also play host the RICOH Women’s British Open in September 2012.
We are delighted to announce that Herons Well was awarded ‘Self Catering Accommodation of the Year 2010’ at The Mersey Partnership Annual Tourism Awards Ceremony. Judges commented that Herons Well was an excellent entry with superb guest feedback, and being especially complimented by the Mystery Shopper.
In addition, Herons Well has also recently been upgraded from 5* to 5* Gold in its latest assessment by Visit Britain. Herons Well wishes to take this opportunity to thank all those that have helped Herons Well achieve so much in the last two years and especially to its guests who have been instrumental in this latest success.
Herons Well Accessibility
- From the parking at the front of the barn, level access can be gained either through the original sandstone doorway at the front or via the garden/patio area through the lounge and kitchen patio doors at the side of Herons Well.
- Herons Well is a two storey semi-detached barn conversion with ample parking.
- As well as two upstairs double bedrooms Herons Well also has a level access downstairs twin bedroom, with all bedrooms being ensuite.
- Inside Herons Well, the ground floor living areas are open plan and level throughout. All communal areas are tiled, and all doorways are M1 compliant.
- The kitchen and dining area have a level access patio door leading to a large private walled patio and garden. The kitchen is equipped with a fire blanket.
- From the lounge, with its vaulted ceiling, exposed beams, inglenook fireplace and log burning stove you can also access the patio and garden through large, level-entry sliding patio doors. There is a rug on the floor which can be removed if requested. The wide screen TV and DVD player have remote controls.
- The patio is level, paved and with raised, shrubbed borders.
- There is a cloakroom with a toilet and wash hand basin with lever taps and space to store push chairs, golf bags and other bulky items.
- The utility room is fully equipped with an automatic washing machine, tumble dryer and a sink with lever taps. Here you will find the iron and ironing board.
- Herons Well benefits from a spacious ground floor bedroom with a private bathroom, incorporating a whirlpool bath and a separate, level access wet room shower. There are hand rails at the bath, in the shower and adjacent to the toilet. All taps are lever models and the bath and basin have thermostatic temperature controls. A shower seat and a non-slip bath mat are also available for guests’ use. This bedroom has French doors looking out onto the courtyard with two steps down to this area.
- There are two further double bedrooms upstairs, both with their own en-suite shower facilities and separate TV/DVD player with remote controls.
- The main lighting is switched from the door and there are bedside lamps on each side of the beds. Heating is thermostatically controlled and adjustable throughout the barn.
- There is a telephone in the lounge which accepts incoming calls and, from which, emergency calls can be made.
- High speed wireless internet is available throughout Herons Well.
- Herons Well also benefits from both a flashing and sounding, integrated fire alarm system.
- Herons Well is a non smoking property.
- Pets are not permitted at Herons Well.
- All bedding in Herons Well is feather free and anti-allergy.